Due to public health concerns regarding the Coronavirus, we have postponed our event to September 25-26, 2020.
1. All tickets purchased for our event will be valid at the rescheduled dates of 9/25 and 9/26.
2. Almost all of our lineup has already re-confirmed for the new dates.
3. Mercury Rev will still be headlining with two unique sets including "Deserter's Songs".
4. Although tickets are not refundable - due to the highly unusual circumstances of having to postpone, we will allow individuals to transfer tickets to another individual in the event that you can not attend the new dates (please message us).
5. A government mandated ban on gatherings of 250 people and above is now in effect in many states including California, Oregon, Washington, Connecticut and New York.
6. San Bernardino County officially declared a state of emergency March 11th, 2020. Additionally The World Health Organization also declared Coronavirus a pandemic on March 11th and have expressed concern over "the alarming levels of inaction" with most countries already dealing with the virus.
Where are you located?
We are located at the corner of 29 Palms HWY and El Reposo Circle in the heart of Joshua Tree. Our venue features two stages, a bar serving craft beer and wine as well as on site dining thanks to our local partner, Cafe Fin Du Monde. Our new venue is made possible by our partners on the downtown block, Moss and Ginger, a boutique clothing store specializing in new and vintage wears.
Where do I park?
We have arranged parking at the parking lot located directly behind the Coyote Corner gift shop at 6551 park blvd. The lot is a 2 minute walk from our event site. please visit Coyote Corner on your way to us!
Can I be a vendor?
Vendor space is limited! For more information please contact us from the contact page.
A new venue in Joshua Tree?
As members of the hi desert cultural fabric since 2007, we firmly believe in respecting the beauty of our home and responsibly conducting our gatherings. Desert Stars takes pride in showcasing local artists and local vendors at our events. We welcome all into our community and hope you will join us. Should you have concerns, please contact us.
Can I volunteer?
We are always in need of volunteers to help with everything from stage crew, construction crew, projections, lighting, security, street teams and more. If you are interested in offering your skill or a hand to the festival, please send us a message. Volunteers who donate 6 hours or more of their time on or off site will receive a free day pass. Those who volunteer for 9 hours or more will receive a free weekend pass to the event.
How can my band play ?
Each year we receive more and more submissions and yet we have only a relatively small set number of slots available. We listen to ALL submissions and we appreciate how hard you work as an artist. We welcome submissions but please do not be dismayed if we can't accommodate you ! Also, do not give up! Most of the bands who play are people who submitted over a year in advance.
Where is the nearest airport to Desert Stars?
Palm Springs airport is about 40 minutes drive to Joshua Tree. LAX and Burbank are approximately 2.5 hours away.
What are the traffic conditions like coming into the Yucca Valley / Joshua Tree region ?
If traveling from San Bernardino, LA County and San Diego County, we recommend leaving in the morning to avoid rush hour traffic leaving densely populated areas. Please be respectful as you drive through Yucca Valley and Joshua Tree. We are a small community and as such we ask that you mind all posted speed limits, drive safely and respect the beauty of our community.
Did you know the effects of alcohol hit harder at higher elevation?
Drinking alcohol will affect you harder in higher elevations. DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE. We want everyone to have a safe and responsible experience. Take Uber, Lyft, a cab or designate drivers in your group.
NOTE: We will post more FAQ leading up to the event - if you have a question not addressed here please message us.
Interested in becoming a community partner or a sponsor ?
Please message us from the contact page.